Wednesday 31 October 2012

Pumpkin Snickerdoodles



This morning I woke up with no intentions of baking. Until the idea of pumpkin snickerdoodles hit me!

 I went online and surprisingly there are no recipes for it on allrecipes.com (confused look). I found another recipe on google and it was the same I had but with pumpkin added!

Ingredients

For the cookie:
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
all spice
nutmeg
cinnamon
3/4cup softened butter
1 1/3 cup white granulated sugar
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
 dash of salt

For the sugar coating:
white granulated sugar
cinnamon
nutmeg
all spice

For those who know me, I never measure my spices whether in baking or cooking. Just do what you like so it tastes how YOU like it.

In a bowl, beat your pumpkin, spices, butter, sugar and eggs.

In separate bowl, mix your flour, baking powder and salt.

Now mix both and prepare your coating bowl. Roll a small spoonful of dough in your hands into a ball and then roll into the sugary sweetness. Place on cookie sheet or baking paper about 1 1/2 inches apart.

Bake at 200C for 8 minutes.

Final verdict: this was my first time making these and probably could have done with more spices like cinnamon but addicting anyways! Couldn't resist test tasting each batch out of the oven! 

Ethan approved! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment