Wednesday 9 November 2011

Homemade Chocolate Pudding Desserts

Homemade is Best!


Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate!
I prefer cooking and baking from scratch. Simply because I like knowing exactly what I am eating. I came across this recipe when I lived in Sweden and I've altered it a bit to make it the way I like it. You need:

800ml milk (semi skimmed or whole)
1 1/2dl cornflour (cornstarch)
1dl white granulated sugar
1 egg
1dl cocoa powder

vanilla and icing sugar (powdered sugar)

In a big pot pour in the milk, then add one ingredient at a time and mix in the given order. Then turn on the stove and cook on medium/low stirring constantly until it thickens. About 10-15 minutes. Do not let it boil! Set aside to cool. 

When it is cool, add as much vanilla and powdered sugar as you want to sweeten it. I never measure. Just a splash and dash of this and that.

Variations:
Add crushed oreos and whipped cream for yummy scrummy dessert.
Add cinnamon and brownies for a treat that is sweet.
Add cake, mousse, and whipped cream for a lovely layered trifle- I add oreos too!
Or just plain with some whipped cream is a dish that is delish!

Enjoy x

No comments:

Post a Comment