Thursday 30 June 2011

Don't Judge the Mother




Before I became a mother, I was guilty of judging mothers. I used to say things like, "when I have kids, I would never do that." Then I became one and all my stupid naive comments have come back to slap me in the face.

Don't judge the mother who goes to the mall with a crying toddler. She has errands to run and no babysitter.

Don't judge the mother who sits at the park and cries. She hasn't slept in weeks.

Don't judge the mother who ignores her toddlers temper tantrum. She's given up for the moment and has to recollect herself.

Don't judge the mother who suddenly snaps at her kid. We all get pushed to our limits. 

Don't judge the mother who wears a mismatched outfit and her kid looks like he needs a bath. She's on survival mode.

Don't judge the mother who suddenly goes quiet and doesn't talk to anyone for a while. She is finding her place in the world.

Don't judge the mother who looks like she is spoiling her kid. She's trying to spare your ears from his crying until she gets home.

I've learned my lesson. Never judge the mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment