Thursday 31 October 2013

Little Red Riding Hood Cape Costume


Earlier this year I had bought this lovely red fabric for several different projects and ended up with some large chunks of random scraps. 

Setting it all aside, I knew inspiration would eventually hit me.

And it did. 

Maybe it all happened at the same time, I don't remember. But there was a poem about a wolf, a cute DIY wolf hoodie for boys on Pinterest, my own obsession with turquoise, living around the corner from Grandma's house, and just planning this year's sewing projects, including Halloween, it was just meant to be. 

The Red Cape.

My mother-in-law had an easy pattern for a cape, but I made it much shorter so the length would just cover my shoulders.

I mentioned scraps. The back piece is made up of 5 scraps first sewn together, then I put the pattern piece on top and cut.



Very easy to make and if I were making this for a little girl I might have added some ribbon edging, and a floral lining.

With little kids, I didn't get any selfies but luckily a friend of mine took this photo of me in costume:


And here's the kiddos after a long night of playing and trick or treating:


Happy Halloween!

Thanks for stopping by!

xx 


No comments:

Post a Comment