Tuesday 28 May 2013

Infinity Scarves



Infinity scarves hit the store shelves a few years and they are brilliant! 

I finally got around to making a few.

I have seen different cotton blends and knits for these scarves, but I chose chiffon. 

I also read a few tutorials who say to get 2 yards of fabric. Really? I got 1/4 yard. In my head that equals a 1/4 of the price! 

Anyhow, I followed this tutorial on the sewcreativeblog which was super easy to understand and making these really takes no time at all!

I made three so far, one was a gift for a friend....






I did learn a few things.

If you are lazy like me and decide to use whatever is plugged in, you may end up with this:


A seam so big you can see it through your thin scarf! So I redid that one.

Another thing, after I straight stitched the two sides together, I used these pinking scissors to help with the unravelling:


Overall I am quite happy with the end results.

I realised the last few weeks I have become autumn-minded working with knits and making scarves, maybe because of the cold spell that has recently hit us? Who knows but I am glad they both match my fall jacket perfectly!



Thanks for stopping by!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment